Thursday, March 17, 2011

Luck of the Irish

Growing up, I rarely thought twice about St. Patrick's Day.  Some years, I would remember to wear green to school, because back in those days pinching was still okay.  For supper, or dinner, depending on where you come from, we'd eat corned beef and cabbage, prepared by my Grandma.  My Grandma's father was Irish and their last name was Kelly, which is also my middle name.
After Grandma passed away, each of my siblings and parents have carried on St. Patrick's Day traditions.  Maybe it is more fun now that I am older and have kids of my own?
So, this morning as I work on our evening meal with my favorite Irish bands playing in the background, I think of my Grandma and all of the wonderful memories we created together.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Our Evening Meal
Corned beef brisket w/roasted carrots, green onions, and cabbage
Sauteed brussels sprouts w/ bacon
Roasted red potatoes
Irish soda bread
Guinness cupcakes









0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin