Saturday, May 1, 2010

My Military Spouse "Story"

Wives of Faith MilSpouses Rock


My Military Spouse Story

Like many military wives, I met my husband before he enlisted.  I met him long before that even.  We were playmates, then first loves in a little elementary school, nestled in the woods in northern Minnesota.  Fast forward 6 years...he asked me to a movie when I was 15 and not officially allowed to date.  I, of course, accepted and we were inseparable (with a few hiccups along the way) until he enlisted at the age of 21 and was sent to TX. 

After living apart for a year, we both decided that I should move down to TX and go to school.  We eventually got married and after another year and a half, we got orders to Utah and welcomed our first little surprise blessing into our family.  Since then, he has done a remote to Korea, we've lived in Alaska, Idaho, and are moving to Nebraska this year.  It is amazing to see God's provision in our lives from when we first got married and ate spaghetti and Sam's Club samples and furnished our homes with Salvation Army finds, to now, 12 years later.


I always told myself I would never marry a man in uniform.  God obviously had other plans and I couldn't be happier. 

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin