Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My Military Spouse "10 Tough Things"

Wives of Faith MilSpouses Rock

In no particular order, here are my "10 Tough Things"...

Knowing that he could leave at anytime, to an undesirable location, where he could be injured or lose his life.

Discussing his pay with people (civilians) who have no business knowing how much he makes.  So many people think that the military is paid ridiculous amounts of money. 

Trying to explain to people that we do not get housing and health care for free.  Wages are lower to make up for housing allowances and our health care benefits.

Wives who wear their husband's rank.

Living away from family, losing friends to PCSing.

When my husband gets called in and has to report (in his Blues) to work because someone has gotten a DUI/DWI.

Sleeping alone at night.

Enlisted/Officer...there are so many great friends we could have made at all of our bases.

Not knowing what the future holds for us.

Putting my career and education on hold so many times because of all the moves we've made.  Before online classes, I lost so many credits, had to withdraw mid-semester, transferred, etc. 

Okay, this was a negative post.  On to happier things!

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

"I am enjoying your MilSpouse posts! Stay strong in Him. :)"

Thank you so much! I appreciate it! I see you are an AF wife too, always nice to meet some fellow Christian AF wives as there are not many, at least here! :)

Great reasons, I had a few of those as well! Have a wonderful day!

Becky said...

A couple of yours also made my list too....I found your blog through the blog carnival!

Ebony S said...

Dropping in from the WOF blog carnival. Loved reading your list - it really is quite a relief to know other women experience the same frustration and pain that I do at times :D

Anonymous said...

Amen on the second one! My Mr. always jokes he makes like $4 an hour.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin