Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Fourteen years ago, I started praying a very specific prayer. I prayed that God would mold my future husband into everything that He wanted him to be. I prayed that he would be a wonderful father to our future children. I prayed that he would be patient and love them unconditionally. I would end each prayer by saying, "...and Lord, I really hope it will be Ted." I knew he was something pretty special and always admired the relationship his dad had with him. God answered my prayers beyond what I could ever imagine at the young age of 15!


My husband is the type of dad who changes diapers without hesitation, gets up with the kids when they are scared or just need a drink, he gets on the floor and wrestles them, gives up TV so the quality of life for our family will be improved, and doesn't look embarrassed when his little girl wants to dance with him in public (even if they are the only two dancing). Right now he is in the backyard camping with our two oldest! Most importantly, he is instilling the morals, values, and faith that his parents instilled in him.

My husband is so much more than I could ask for, and everyday I thank God for choosing him for me. I also pray the prayer I used to pray as a young woman, but now I ask that God will prepare the hearts and minds of my daughter's future husbands. So, man of my dreams... Happy Father's Day. I love you!

4 comments:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Beautiful! I met my husband at the age of 15 too :)

Hope you guys have a fantastic day!

Matthew and Darcy said...

God is so good to those who trust in him. :) WOOHOO!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

What a wonderful prayer and what a fabulous blessing of a husband you have!

Steph

Farmgirl Paints said...

That was beautiful, and sounds very similar to my experience. I just posted on it last week. When I was 15 I wrote a list of all I wanted in a future husband. Then I had a dream and a friend I had became more. God is so good that way. Even as a teenager He heard and answered our prayers:)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin