Saturday, April 23, 2011

Thank you.

I've spent the past week really reflecting on the resurrection and the events leading up to it.  Our church had a Maundy Thursday service and tonight was our Good Friday service.  I'm sitting here tonight with a heavy heart, unable to sleep.  Easter has never meant more to me than it does this year. 

As the kids and I were driving today, the topic on the radio was Easter.  The station wanted people to call in, or leave messages on their Facebook page with their thoughts on Easter.  A lady called in and explained that she had gone to Maundy Thursday and was so sad after.  She said she also watched "The Passion" and shouldn't have because it made her so upset that she cried through the whole thing.  For some reason, what she had to say sat wrong with me. 

Why should we only focus on the happy parts of Easter and not the grueling course of events He had to endure?  I think it is because the thought of death is scary for some people and the details of Christ's death are incredibly gruesome.  Could it also be difficult for us as believers, being we know why He went through what He did and that causes us to reflect on our own sin?  So, why do we keep sinning over and over again?  Wouldn't something as big as Jesus dying on the cross make us want to stop?  On a perfect earth that would be easy, but we are sinners and we live in an imperfect world.  I look forward to the day where the darkness will turn into light, where there will be no more sorrow, pain, evil, and suffering.  I look forward to the day when I meet my Jesus face-to-face, hold His hands that were pierced for me, and thank Him for all that He has done.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin