Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Come Lord Jesus, be our guest...

Did you pray that mealtime prayer growing up?

It has been a very busy fall.  My parents came to visit at the end of October.  They loaded up the back of their caravan with our new-to-us china hutch and many, many totes filled with wedding presents that we have never used!  We have been married 10 1/2 years.  Included in our wedding presents were our china, crystal, stemware, and silverware.  We have never used them, because of the amount of moving we do, they were bound to break.  My dad was a huge help to us by setting up the new hutch.  My mom helped unpack totes and washed everything.  What a job!  The night before my parents left, my mom made a beautiful meal and dressed up my new dining room with a few extra pretties she found at Gordmans.  She loves to decorate and I am so thankful for her.  Here are the before and after pictures.



3 comments:

Tina said...

It looks beautiful! Way to go mom!

Sami Jo said...

Awwwww... this post just about made me cry as I knew you were looking forward to your family coming and because of the hard time you had in the beginning at this new location. Your dining room looks amazing!! What sweet parents to do all that for ya!
Hugs, SJ

Chrysanthemama said...

Thanks, Tina and Sami Jo. It is fun shopping around the house to see what we can find to fit into new spaces. A few new pieces are always fun, too!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin