Friday, March 27, 2009

Random Ramblings

There is a lot of stuff going on here lately, which is the reason behind my lack of postings!
  • First off, let me say I am thrilled beyond belief that it is spring. Spring is a time of new beginnings and I always feel refreshed and energized. Now, if the weather would cooperate.
  • Each day has me glued to the computer, weather channel, and FOX News. I have tons of family and friends in the Fargo/Moorhead area. My siblings evacuated last night, drove home to MN, and are on there way back to F/M to load up their belongings. I hate not being there for them. This explains my messy house, and backed up laundry. Again.
  • Volunteers are being taken for our much sought after assignment to beautiful Minot, ND. The paperwork is complete, and now we sit and wait. I really dislike being in limbo when it comes to assignments. Is my heart and head still here in Idaho? Not so much. I need to focus on being in the moment, and taking care of the rest when the time comes.
  • We all turned another year older. We have December, January, February, and March birthdays, except my husband who celebrates his in September.
  • My husbands parents came to visit just before Christmas, my sister came out the end of January, my parents came to visit the beginning of March, and we are looking forward to my husband's birth mothers visit at Easter. We are so blessed that our families can travel to see us. It does help to have the only grandkids on all sides!

Until next time, which I hope will be sooner than later, Happy Spring!

8 comments:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

I'm praying for everyone up there! After our summer of flooding last year, I have a totally new perspective. I can't imagine the flooding in such cold weather...

Chrysanthemama said...

Thank you, Sarah. I hope you all don't deal with a summer like last year again. That was devastating.

Jess said...

we are also keeping them in our prayers! i watched your video on facebook... very moving!
spring is my favorite time of year too - just not in mountain home lol - i really don't like the dusty wind and rain mixed together here ... yuck!

Chrysanthemama said...

Aww, thanks Jess!

Tina said...

praying for them... floods are so horrible. been there... and I can empathize with the anxious prayers.

Chrysanthemama said...

Thank you so much, Tina.

Us! said...

ha! we have jan, feb, march, april and september! just a month behing, but still in a row! any minot news? i am out of the loop....

Chrysanthemama said...

Very cool DD! We plan well, don't we? :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin