Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My 1st Award!


I am honored to accept my very first bloggy award! Here are the "rules" to this award.

When you receive the prize you must write a post showing it, together with the name of who has given it to you - which would be Tina, from Dull As Dishwater, and link them back.


Choose a blog that you find to be totally honest in content and visuals.

Show their name and link and leave them a comment informing they were prized with ‘Honest Weblog’. List [if you can and/or dare] at least ten honest things about yourself. And then, pass it on.

I choose my real-life friend, Erin at Home is Where Your Story Begins.

Here I go...

1. I am not much of an animal person. Birds freak me out! When we lived in Utah, we visited the Hogle Zoo. They had a bird exhibit that you could visit. Turns out, you are part of the exhibit. Birds fly everywhere, land on you, eat out of your hand, poop on you, etc. It was nasty.

2. When I get sick, I crawl into the tub, lay on my left side, cover up with a towel, and let the hot water run until it gets cool. While I'm in the tub, I pray over and over that I won't throw up.

3. I am an extremely frugal person. I like fine and good quality things, but I rarely pay full-price for anything. If I am going to buy something, I search high and low for a coupon or promotional code. On the other hand, I have no problem paying $4.00 for a latte, but you better believe I hand the barista my punch card when I pay!

4. I am crazy about vitamins, and haven't missed taking mine or giving my kids theirs in years.

5. If you eat at my house, or if I bring you a meal you have secretly been "healthified." When I cook or bake anything, I have a nice little mix that I throw in. My "mix" consists of flax seed, hemp seed, and wheat germ. Surprise!

6. I love shopping at co-op's. When we pull into the parking lot, I feel like I have arrived home. I could spend hours browsing and filling my cart. My husband feels the same way, and so do our kids. A trip to Boise, without going to the co-op just isn't complete. My favorite co-op so far is definitely the one in Bozeman, MT.

7. I want to live in the Azores one day. I can picture the girls and myself wearing long, flowy skirts, Birks, and mingling with the locals.

8. I love hymns. Hymns are the foundation and history of the church. The words are truth.
They bring me back to my childhood when life was so simple.

9. If I know we are going to go to Boise to eat at a restaurant, I will study the menu online in advance. I will also sign up on their site, so we can get a free dessert or appetizer. See question #3, haha.
10. I know the alphabet in English, French, Greek, and ASL.












2 comments:

Erin said...

Thanks for the award. I am hoping to get my post up in the coming days. We may be getting a house tomorrow and that will throw a wrench into my lovely plans. Why is it that what we plan never seems to work out? :)

Tina said...

Those are great!! My daughter hates birds too. It's hysterical.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin