Thursday, July 17, 2008

Homeward Bound!

We are heading home to northern Minnesota for three weeks. We are driving this summer, and are looking forward to declining gas prices the further east we go. We are spending a night in Bozeman, MT, a place we would love to settle down in once my man retires. After Bozeman, we are heading to Minot AFB, ND. We have been trying to get stationed at Minot for 10 1/2 years, and are really hoping the opportunity arises in the near future.

We are looking forward to a few weeks of fun and relaxation with family and friends. Our county fair will be going on, our youngest will be baptized, we will spending time at our parents lake homes, and there is a reunion planned for my husbands side of the family.

On the way back, we will be driving through South Dakota and hitting Marshall, Wall Drug, Ellsworth AFB, and Mt. Rushmore. After that, we will head back up to enjoy Bozeman, and will arrive home shortly after that.

We hope to be moving into a larger home after getting back from vacation. Our home right now is a wreck, with things packed, taken down, and pushed all over the place.

A verse that has been in my head for the last two mornings upon waking up is, Proverbs 16:25 which says, "There is a way which seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death." The verse preceding verse 25 says, "Pleasant words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body." (Proverbs 16:24) These are great words to meditate on as we go through our day.

5 comments:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

THAT sounds like quite a trip!

Have fun :)

Anonymous said...

You'll be in my homeland! I grew up about an hour west of Minot and both of my grandparents live in Minot (with extended family all around the area). Wish I could hop a ride. Have a great trip!

(This is my first de-lurking post btw. I think I found you from my friend Sara's WalkSlowly site!)

Chrysanthemama said...

Welcome, Samantha! Nice to "meet" you. Maybe we will officially meet someday. Take care and thank you for visiting. :)

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a safe trip (and don't need to use the emergency hammer). Isn't MT gorgeous?

Congrats on the new home!

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Why not Minot :)...most of my family is in northern mn, Detroit Lakes and Fargo/Moorhead area, that's where I grew up. Your post makes me smile :D

Blog Widget by LinkWithin