Monday, February 25, 2008

Smoothie Challenge: Day 1


Sara, over at Happy Foody, is challenging her readers to embark on a Green Smoothie Challenge, and I am up for that challenge! Why, you may ask? In December, I gave birth to our last child. I have been pregnant and breastfeeding for the past 6 years, and I am ready to get my body back. In January, I turned 29. I told myself that I have one year to get myself back on track and HEALTHY before I start my thirties. My plan is to become healthy in all aspects of my life, not just my body.

This morning, I packed our blender with:
2 small oranges
1 banana
4 full romaine leaves
H20
1 heaping tsp. of flax seed, wheat germ, and hemp seed (mixed)
*This made enough for my morning and afternoon drink for two days.

I have found through trial and error, that it is easier to blend the greens and H20 first, then start adding the other ingredients. I am going to resist the urge to add agave nectar, or some kind of juice to sweeten these smoothies up. I need to get my palate used to the original sweetness that fresh fruit has to offer. So far, so good. See you in a few days!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin