Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Beginnings

How appropriate of a title for my first blog of the year! It is so very true, though. In December, we became parents of three, so now we are a family of five. We are enjoying our new life and look forward to what 2008 will bring. In light of the new year ahead, I would like to answer these three questions to close out 2007. Go ahead and answer these for yourself too!

1. What do you want to acknowledge yourself for in regard to 2007?
Besides surviving the birth of our third and final child, I would like to say that I am now confident in the fact that I am not using my nursing degree at this point in my life. I have felt a level of inadequacy when comparing myself to my parents, in-laws, siblings, and siblings-in-law. I find no greater joy in staying at home with my three children, and I will express this further in a future blog.
"Blessed are all who fear the LORD, who walk in his ways. You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours. Your wife will be like a fruitful vine within your house; your children will be like olive shoots around your table. Thus is the man blessed who fears the LORD. May the LORD bless you from Zion all the days of your life; may you see the prosperity of Jerusalem, and may you live to see your children's children. Peace be upon Israel. "
~Psalm 128~

2. What is there to grieve about 2007?
We found a new home for our beagle, Bo Jangles. Our house is cleaner and less stressful. We know he is happier with the bigger yard he has.
My Grandmother passed away in November. She lived on this earth for almost 94 years, and is now living eternity in Heaven. She is missed by us all.
"Well done, good and faithful servant."
~Matthew 25:21~

3. What else do you need to say about the year to declare it complete?
Adios, 2007! It was a very good year.
"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end."
~Ecclesiastes 3:11~

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin